ARTICLE SUMMERY: Whether your a seasoned web designer or a beginner “Optimizing images for the web – an in-depth guide” is a must read.
This article by Adrian Bece covers all you need to know about optimizing images including
- Calculating JPG image file size
- Online image optimization
- Automated solutions
- Image loading optimization
- Using CDN
- WebP image format
- Optimization for higher pixel density screens
- Conclusion – Optimization priority
What I liked most about this article is the links that take you to a specific procedure with visuals that make it easy to understand.
If you are a seasoned web designer you just might find a nugget or two that will make your designing life easier.
Let us know what you think in the comments section.